Thursday, May 10, 2012

Chemistry 101

Yes, that's right...the dreaded Chemistry class. Not my favourite subject, but tonight I used what knowledge I did retain to mix up a pail of low fire glaze. Feeling like the mad scientist, I dished out the fine powders and weighed them (accurately) on my balance scale and then whipped the dry ingredients with H20 (showing off now!) using my fancy new paint-mixer-stick-thingy that you power with an electric drill. A double sieve to work out the lumps and chunks and voila...Cone 04 Tim's Clear! So now it sits overnight. I think it's a little thick but I decided against adding any more water until the morning. I'm not expecting it to thin overnight but I want to talk to my "mentor". She'll know what to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment! :)