Friday, May 18, 2012

You can call me Salt Lick Lizzie...

It's late and I need to get some sleep, but I wanted to post my latest! I walked into my studio later this evening just to check on my Jarheads and couldn't resist that naked pot sitting on my work table. I only wanted to start...just cut out that hole for the mouth and the next thing I know, I'm a maniac!...cutting, scoring and smacking bits and bobs onto my salt pig. Yes...salt pig...but not a pig really. I never really understand how they came to be called salt pigs in the first place.

I had sketched the idea of her a while back. I gave my sister one that I made in class. Nothing so detailed. In fact, it's nothing more than a sort of blueish green egg, with that typical front opening. My instructor thought it was a birdhouse! (but it's very small for a bird!) She loves it...my sister that is, and so I've been meaning to make more, but wondering how I could incorporate my figurative work into that salt holder.


I'm in love with her and her beehive "do" and teeth! So tell me what you think! I'm really happy, too, with her tongue...which will be the spoon to scoop your salt out with. I just have to figure out how to make the spoon bowl. The tongue is great, better than great and I'm really pleased with the way it hangs, but the bowl? Well, I have a small pitch pot wrapped in plastic, as well as rolled ball...thinking that perhaps I can carve the centre out. I've pinched the opposite end of the tongue into a bit of a peg. You get it, I know you do. Square peg in round bowl. Sound simple....fingers crossed!

Thanks to Monica for the name!

1 comment:

  1. wow Brenda, you are ripping along, love the idea of the tongue/spoon, that's so clever. And creepy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment! :)