Friday, May 25, 2012

This is it! (Huey Lewis is playing in my head)

One more sleep! Yikes! I am both excited and apprehensive at the same time! Tomorrow morning at 8:00 am I will be unpacking my pieces and helping with the set up for the sale! Thankfully, it sounds like the sun will shine, albeit it will be a little chilly. But for me, better chilly than too hot!

Cracked open my kiln this morning for the last of my glazed pieces! Thankfully, no more disasters and other than some underglaze colours firing much darker than I had hoped, everything looks good! I have to remember to do test tiles using my underglazes so that I'm not disappointed. Pre-firing, my bowls were lovely and bright. Now they're quite dark. Ah well. It is interesting though, that the cheaper underglazes I have, tend to stay bright. I'm going to have to rethink what I use and where. The Amaco u/g are wonderful on low fire clay. Perhaps I'll save what I have for my LF earthenware. My other option...and one I really do need to work on...is to make my own slips. Luckily I'll have some time to play once this first sale is over as my next one isn't until August!


So, this morning I'm pricing. I have been procrastinating. But, I've decided to go with my heart. I'll definitely take into consideration all the wonderful advice I've received from my girls (fellow clayers, friends and family...you know who you are!) What's the worst that can happen? I'll definitely be watching the crowd looking for whispers of "Oh my god...she's asking THIS much"!

I also need to print up a nice stack of business cards and tags! Going to be a busy day! Wish me luck tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. It all looks great! Good luck with the show, Brenda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda! Must be all over for you and I hope it was a good day. Look forward to the full report!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment! :)