Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Careful, you might lose an eye....

I've been neglecting you blog! Busy with my company. I have managed to work on a few new Jarheads and Potty Mouths today, though the body bits have been sitting for a little too long and are drier than I'd ideally like them to be. I have my fingers (and toes), crossed in hopes that the spriggy bits (are they classified as actual sprigs, I wonder? If not, then I mean the little decorative pieces, like the eyes and noses, hats and hair) will stay adhered! I read somewhere that misting the inside of a bag and then draping it around the clay form without it touching (good luck with that!) and then wrapping it again with another bag will equalize the moisture in the clay....let's hope so or I'm going to be losing eyeballs, lips and teeth! hahahah I think I'll keep these wrapped in plastic for a while.

Alrighty! Back to work (and my company...dinner tonight at my sister's) I'll post some pics in a day or two!

2 comments:

  1. I have a friend who swears by a wrung out towel to rehydrate. I always keep my work wrapped in plastic or in a wet box for 24 hours to equalise moisture - fascinated to know more tricks. Of course if I wasn't so lazy I would always usese paperclay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paper clay. I need to learn more about that! You're saying that it's better for sculptural pieces? (I will try the wrong out towel and I really do need to make a wet box! Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment! :)