Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Patty cake, patty cake....



Bake a man!...or at the very least a vampire and clown...perhaps, Salt Lick Lizzie is a cross dresser...in that case...bake her up too! I should have fired them last night, when the house was cooler, but they felt a little cold when pressed to my cheek. Ever since my blow up, I worry about damaging another piece, so instead, I choose to leave them sitting in the kiln...lid open...in my hot porch...on this very hot day. Now that porch is sweltering....and of course it will get very hot once I turn my kiln on....so I'll wait until a little later!

So, I've been away. Miss me? We went to visit family. Long drive there...always, always....a longer drive home (or so it seems). For most of the trip I was a passenger, which was nice. When I was able to keep my eyes open (I don't know what it is about me riding in a car...I just cannot stay awake!), I was busy jotting down ideas, scratching not so reasonable facsimiles of what I was picturing in my head into my sketch book. I'm dying to get to my studio. Today, however, was a bust. Dentist and doctor appointments, groceries, bedding plants....but now....I'm set! I might even throw a few pieces tonight!

I did manage to stop at a big pottery store on my drive back. I picked up more clay and more of that Chrysanthos underglaze that I've been so happy with. I also bought that Kemper tool that Diana recommended for the mishima. I hope to try that soon!

I also had a nice surprise when I got home. Carole Epp, included me in her Monday morning eye candy post! I was thrilled...no...thrilled isn't even close to what I was feeling. Anyway pretty exciting stuff and if I was inspired before, I'm ridiculously pumped now!


Lizzie with a little colour!


My tongue spoon! We'll see how functional it is!

Groceries to unpack, and dinner to make. More tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Yay, love seeing down into the depths of the kiln. What is the clay like that you use, Brenda? It looks nice and smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a local clay, a low fire, red burning terra cotta. Little bit groggy (I think that's the term), but not bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I missed you Brenda! I've been checking off and on during my own marathon and was quite pleased when I saw your post this morning.

    I am so excited for you and so looking forward to seeing those new ideas come to life!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment! :)