Friday, August 24, 2012

'Bout time....

I am sans mother this weekend so I hope to gets a lot of potting done! I did manage to finish an order for my daughter. I can't tell you what it is yet because it's a gift for a friend's wedding. I suppose that I can't post any pics either! Awwww....Okay...well, right now they're still green...decorated with mishima. I am hoping they'll be dry enough to fire tomorrow. I also have the other bowls for this order ready to trim and a few planters that I had a request for. I'm actually pretty excited about these. I know what I want to do with them and I think they'll be bright and fun and make someone very happy sitting on a windowsill!

I've recently read a few posts lately about the change over from summer to fall and it's definitely happening here. Some of the trees are already turning. (I always thought you needed a frost before that happened but seems it's not at all true) The air just feels more "fally" or "autumny" if that's how you choose to call this time of year. Even on a hot day...and we've been having temps of 30+, it doesn't feel as hot, though the other day we had a quick shower and the day turned hot and humid so that was definitely an exception!

I'm never too sad to see summer go. Don't get me wrong, I love the summer, but eventually I get tired of the weeding, the watering, the deadheading. I don't know how you people that live in summer-all-year-round climates do it...ALWAYS doing those dreaded tasks! My hubby is sick to death of mowing the lawn and thankfully it's not growing as quickly these days either! I really do like winter, though it's not my favourite season, but I like the snow...when everything is blanketed with white and especially when it's sunny and not too bitterly cold and the ground sparkles with little ice crystals. It does get cold here...-40...wind chills...and truthfully, running from the house to the car is sometimes torture, but we get a LOT of sunshine...even on the coldest days and it never really seems as bad.

Of course looking out my window from my heated house, admiring those sparkly ice crystals and that glorious sunshine makes it much more bearable! Yikes! I'm babbling this morning!

Off to do my little interval run. Yes..if you can believe it...and I know some of you won't....I'm doing the Couch Potato to 5K training...not FOR a 5K run...but for me! I'd better get out there before it gets to hot!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment! :)