Monday, September 17, 2012

Productive Weekend!

That's right...I managed to get a few things done. I made some small snack dishes (in the kiln now so no pics!) and then cleaned things up and pulled out the red clay. It was nice to get back to it. I still love it...the smell, the feel... I threw a bunch of body parts for my jars and some bowl-y type things for these handled baskets I'm planning to make. I'm gonna call them Headcases. Yes, I know what you're thinking....why does she have to name everything? Hmmm....well, good question but I do....'cos I LOVE doing it!

So, Halloween is on it's way and I LOVE halloween and all the decorations.....the goblins, and zombies.... I especially love the old vintage stuff...not that I have any...but oh how I wish! I ALWAYS buy the Fall/Halloween magazines and I always save them...every single one...Martha Stewart, House and Home, Country Living, etc. etc. I love the colours of fall, which is strange cos it's a colour I don't even wear, nor do I have them in my house. I wanted so desperately to paint my livingroom orange and had patches of oranges and mustardy yellows on the walls for ages, but not one of them looked any good for felt right in my house. So, I guess that I get my fix from the magazine photos!

Anyway, I am focusing on some Jarheads with a Halloween theme, even though I won't be in a sale until after the 31st of August. People seem to like spooky things....and some people love Halloween all year round...doesn't matter, I have sketches of things I plan to make and I can't wait to work on more!

So for now....here's my first 3. I've actually done a little sculpting. Yes! Taking bits of clay and shaping it into brow bones and cheek bones and I have to say, I liked it! Pics of the finished pieces will be here soon! BTW, the little beret on the girl is a lid! Cute huh? Okay..she's NOT halloweeny, but cute as a button!





No, not an alien! The Man in the Moon! See his crater covered backside! hahahah...






1 comment:

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment! :)