Monday, February 4, 2013

Pace Yourself

Time for a short break for a quick, cool drink and then back to my studio. I'm almost there. Almost ready to throw! If not today, then absolutely, positively tomorrow for sure! Ah...life...it keeps getting in the way!

I got a message this morning from a friend of mine, telling me she was going to drop an application off for a big art market held here in June. I thought it was strange that she would be sending it in so soon, when it isn't due until February 15....that is until it suddenly occurred to me that this IS February!! Where did January go? That head cold must have caused some amnesia because it's seriously all a blur!

Panic has set in! I need to get that out asap. Thankfully, I have some photos that I can send because as far as work goes, what I have here in the house, isn't photo worthy or sale worthy for that matter. I have posted a list of upcoming art markets and sales happening in 2013 and highlighted the ones I'm hoping to attend. I'm trying to keep it to a minimum so I can actually enjoy the production process and not overwhelm myself. I love the money a sale generates, but then who doesn't? But, I want to have fun too. This year, I hope to play more...experiment...push myself. I love my polka dots and the stripes and the bright colours, but I also love to carve and I haven't been doing much of that. I've been wondering if I can't incorporate carving with whimsical? Maybe experiment with some glazes....

Ooops....time to play!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your new creations, Brenda!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried twice to comment, Brenda!! Darn Google +. Just wanted to say that you are a smarty-pants for pacing yourself this way. It is sooooo easy to get burned out with ceramics. It's just so labor-intensive and addictive that it lends itself that way, wouldn't you say? Good luck with the pacing, the carving and the experimenting! xo Rae

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment! :)